This Parent Agreement portion of this form comprises three sections: General Terms; Privacy Notice and Consent; and Assumption of Risk / Waiver / Indemnity and Release of Claims (collectively called the “Agreement”).
Other definitions used in the Agreement:
“The Hub” refers to The Hub Community Group LLC, t/a The Hub.
“The Hub Activities” refers to all activities operated, conducted or prepared by The Hub as part of participation in The Hub micro-academy’s open house session on Monday, October 4, 2021 from 4:30p.m. to 6p.m. Eastern Time.
“Participant” refers to the child registered to participate in The Hub Activities.
Please read all three sections of The Agreement carefully and completely before completing your registration. The link to the event will be sent after this signed form has been received.
Section I: General Terms
1. Requirements: In consideration of the Participant being allowed to participate in The Hub Activities, it is agreed that:
The Participant needs to have a working computer with a webcam, microphone, Internet browser and Zoom software, as well as a working knowledge of how to use these tools.
The Participant will need to be a good digital citizen, as follows:
Post and participate online responsibly, and in a manner that is considerate of others, as described in The Hub's Community Agreement behavior standards (
). The Hub has zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or discrimination of any kind, including cyberbullying, which includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else, or sharing personal/private information about someone else. At The Hub's discretion, bullying or other behavior that does not adhere to The Hub's Community Agreement behavior standards may result in immediate expulsion from The Hub Activities.
Being mindful of privacy settings and online safety.
The Participant will keep their video on while they are participating in the session (unless it is discussed and mutually agreed otherwise).
In consideration of the group as a whole, we request that Participants endeavor to be logged in and ready by the start time; the facilitators will stop admitting Participants into the session at 4:40p.m.
Parents are welcome to remain in the room with their child, if they’d like to observe part or all of the session, but we ask that they remain off screen, so as to simulate as closely as possible the dynamic that would exist during regular micro-academy sessions.
Section II: Privacy Notice and Consent
1. If a Participant is under the age of 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires The Hub to provide parental notification and obtain parental consent before collecting personal information from the Participant. In order for the Participant to participate in The Hub Activities, certain personally identifying information, including the Participant’s first name and last name, must be provided to The Hub.
Section III: Assumption of Risk / Waiver / Indemnity and Release of Claims
1. I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Participant, and I confirm that all information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
2. I hereby give my approval for the Participant to participate in The Hub Activities.
3. I also acknowledge that I understand that The Hub Activities involve risks. I understand that although The Hub takes precautions to provide proper organization of The Hub Activities, it is not possible for The Hub to guarantee absolute safety from risks that include physical and emotional harm. Although The Hub facilitates or moderates some of The Hub Activities, there might be periods of time when the Participant will be online or offline without an adult moderator or facilitator supervising their actions. During the open house, instances when this might happen include, but are not limited to, while working on something with a webcam turned off and/or the sound muted, and while in a videoconference room with just other Participants who are engaged in activities either individually or as a group. In general, to mitigate risks, the Participant will have to be able to slow down, stay organized, manage their safety, and know how to contact a parent or other responsible adult who can provide additional assistance if needed.
4. I assume all risk and hazards incidental to the conduct of The Hub Activities, and release, absolve and hold harmless The Hub and all its respective officers, agents, subsidiaries, contractors and representatives from any and all liability for injuries to the Participant arising out of participating in The Hub Activities.
5. I acknowledge that the Participant has no expectation of privacy while participating in The Hub Activities. (The Hub recommends that parents of Participants encourage Participants not to electronically post information that the Participant or the family might want kept private.)
By submitting this form, I certify that I have read and understood all three sections of this Agreement, and have voluntarily signed the same.