1. Appointments: Upon completition of this form, we will contact you to schedule your appointment. On the day of your appointment please make sure to bring your dog on a flat buckle collar. No prong collars, choke collars, elecontric collars or flexi leads. Please bring a copy of the dog’s AKC (or other) registration certificate and the AKC DNA certificate (if the dog has had one done). Please note if any co-owners are listed on the registration document, a letter from all other owners will be needed stating that they give you permission to have the dog collected.
2. Dogs: All dogs coming in for an appointment must be people friendly and be comfortable with people handling them. Dogs must also be dog friendly as a teaser bitch in standing heat is used for every collection. If you have any concern about your dog interacting with another dog, you must let us know for the safety of us and the teaser. All dogs must be kept on leash at all times when on the property.
3.Brucella Test: All dogs are required to have a negative Brucella test within 6 months of the collection date. We can run that test in house the same day as your appointment, if needed. If you have had the Brucella test done elsewhere, you must submit a copy of it to us.
4. Appointment Cancellation: There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. We are limited to a certain number of dogs we can collect and freeze in a day. For this reason if you need to cancel or reschedule you must give us 48 hours’ notice to avoid the $50 fee. Clients who have canceled or rescheduled last minute more than 2 times will be required to leave a non-refundable deposit going forward when scheduling appointments.
5. Late Arrivals: Please be on time for your appointment. Semen freezing is a timed process and being late can jeopardize other samples collected. If you are running late it is in your best interest to reschedule your appointment. If you find you are late for any reason please call us immediately. If you are traveling to us from a distance, please give yourself extra time. If you arrive early, let us know as we may be able to see you early, otherwise there are many local restaurants, stores and parks nearby.
6. When shipping: Shipping frozen semen takes planning. If you would like to have us ship your frozen semen somewhere we need a minimum of 48 hours’ notice. This notice must be given Monday – Thursday before 1:00pm. Any notice given after 1:00 will be processed the next business day. Please keep in mind that shipments cannot be sent on Fridays as some facilities cannot accept Saturday deliveries. Please check ahead of time and if the receiving facility can, Friday delivery can be arranged. We reserve the right to deny your shipping request if adequate notice is not given. This is due to the process of preparing shipping tanks and preparing the necessary documents to accompany the shipment.
7. After Your appointment: You will receive an email of your dog’s inventory report, and semen analysis reports. Please allow 5 business days to receive your report. If you have any questions about your report please don’t hesitate to call.
PLEASE NOTE: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE COLLECTION OF ANY DOG FOR ANY REASON WE DEEM A RISK TO EITHER STAFF OR THE TEASER BITCH. SOME EXAMPLES OF THIS MAY INCLUDE: AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR, POSITIVE BRUCELLA TEST, OR POTENTIALLY CONTAGIOUS HEALTH ISSUES SUCH AS SKIN INFECTIONS OR COUGHING.