Fall 2023 SPARK STARTUP ESTEAM® MENTOR PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Apply by August 21, 2023! Once your participant is registered, you will receive a confirmation email no later than August 28, 2023.
Session 1 Window - September 11-15
Session 2 Window - October 2-6
Session 3 Window - October 30 - November 3
AMA Session - November 6-17
Session 4 Window - November 27 - December 1
Graduation - December 6
1. I will ensure that my child attends the 5 required sessions and the mandatory graduation ceremony. Sessions are one-hour, virtual meetings that take place once every 3 to 4 weeks. A detailed schedule will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
2. I will assist my child in the receipt and use of the materials provided through this program, as necessary.
PHOTO, VIDEO, AND AUDIO RELEASE
1. I hereby give permission to VentureLab and its representatives to take photographs, audio recordings, and video recordings of me, my child, and my property in connection with my child’s participation in the Program. I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of VentureLab and VentureLab is not obligated to return or otherwise make available any such materials to me.
2. I further authorize VentureLab and its representatives to edit such materials at its discretion; to include such materials with various sound effects, visual effects, music, graphics, and other materials; to incorporate such materials into other programs; to use and to license others to use such materials, as well as my and my child’s name, likeness, voice, biographic or other information concerning me or my child, any projects or work created by me or my child, whether alone or jointly with others, while participating in the Program, and any and all derivatives thereof, in any manner or media whatsoever, including without limitation unrestricted use for purposes of publicity, promotion, fundraising, advertising and sales, of for any other program or purpose, without any royalty or compensation to me or my child. I further acknowledge that VentureLab owns all rights to the results and proceeds of any such use; however, VentureLab is not obligated to utilize any of the rights granted herein.
3. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge VentureLab and its representative, licensees, assignees, and other successors-in-interest from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I or my child may have by reason of this authorization.
RELEASE & WAIVER OF CLAIMS
I hereby knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive, release, discharge, covenant not to sue, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless VentureLab and its officers, agents, employees, representatives, persons and entities providing for or participating in the Program, sponsors and vendors of the Program, and all other persons or entities acting on behalf of VentureLab from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, demands, actions, causes of action, and costs and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and court costs, whether known or unknown, directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to my child’s participation in the Program, including but not limited to claims of physical or psychological illness or injury, death, and damage to or loss of property, regardless of whether such claims arise in whole or in part from the acts, omissions, or negligence of the parties. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas. To the extent any provision of this agreement is held unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed severable from this document and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I AM A PARENT OR GUARDIAN WITH LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CHILD IDENTIFIED BELOW. I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE CHILD NAMED BELOW, MYSELF, OUR HEIRS, OUR LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES, AND OTHER PARENTS AND GUARDIANS OF THE CHILD.