Thank you for your interest in YMCA International's Adopt a Family 2021 program!
Here is a breakdown of how the program works:
1. Fill out the attached Sponsorship Application so we can pair you with a family that most meets your requests of who you want to adopt this year.
2. You will receive a wish list with the families' names, ages, and sizes. *
3. Your group shops and collects items from the wish list. **
4. This year, you have the option to disclose if you would like to meet your family in person or over zoom (or neither). Note that due to privacy, certain clients may not be able to do either. We will try to match clients and donors based on availability and interest in meeting. Deliveries to the YMCA can be scheduled throughout the month of December. If you are interested, YMCA staff will arrange for you and your group to meet with the family over Zoom. We encourage donors to allow for at least one hour for the meeting. Also please be patient with our clients as this may be a first time Zoom experience!
You are not limited to the items on the family’s wish list. If you would like to donate or purchase something else, please do so! We prefer all items be new, but we do accept gently used items as well. You may also consider purchasing gift cards, so the family can enjoy an outing or buy the items themselves. Please include gift receipts with clothes, when possible.
Also, we understand that the COVID-19 pandemic may have an impact on your ability to sponsor a family. If you prefer to make a onetime donation, you can do so below:
If you prefer to donate a gift card for a family so they can do their holiday shopping, please email Miranda Hurtado-Ramos at email@example.com.
6. Questions? Please contact Miranda Hurtado-Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-339-9015 ext 3660.
*Turnaround time to receive family wish lists is about 2 weeks.
**Individual families are welcome to adopt a family, but many of the most successful adoptions are arranged by groups. (For example, work groups, church groups, rotary clubs, student groups, sports teams, boy and girl scout groups, etc.)