Current Implant Options and Biofilm Management
Presented by Dr. Shamardi, DMD, Periodontist
You must achieve a passing score of 80% on the ten content questions related to the course you just viewed. If you do not pass on the first try, you do have the opportunity to try again. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
1. Extraction sockets have their most significant changes occur within what period?
First three months
2. Biofilm is best characterized by what effect on the tissue?
Positive effect both short term and long term
Negative effect initially, but more positive in the long-term
Positive effect initially, with negative effects in the long-term
3. Implant designs include:
4. Implants that are placed between weeks 4-8 after extraction are considered which protocol?
5. Bone loss around an implant as a result of bacterial insult is considered
6. Implant-abutment interphase fractures are likely a result of what issue?
7. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide have what kind of effect when used together?
8. What form of therapy is not recommended for implant maintenance?
9. When is the earliest time recommended to probe around an implant after placement?
3-4 months after
At least 1 year later
10. Implant success in smokers has found to be:
Comparable to non-smokers
Better than non-smokers
Worse than non-smokers
Type a question
6 Evaluation Questions
No wrong answers!
1. Course objectives were accomplished.
2. Course content was up-to-date, useful, and well-organized.
3. Instructor demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge of the subject.
4. Course administration was efficient and convenient.
5. Overall, I would rate this course.
6. Please note any additional comments.
Should be Empty: