Chili Cook-Off Rules
The following rules are to be adhered to by all cook-off cooks and organizations:
1. True chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers, various other spices and other ingredients including items such as beans or pasta. Green or white chili will not be accepted – only red chili recipes.
2. There is no entry fee for non-profits; other businesses and individuals wishing to enter will pay $25 per chili entered to the Downtown Henderson Partnership. All money raised for businesses and individuals must be allocated to the non-profit of their choice. Contestants may enter more than 1 batch of chili. There will be an award for people’s choice - a winner’s trophy.
3. DHP will sell chili mugs, which will serve as the ticket into the cook-off. DHP will also provide spoons for the event. Condiments such as hot sauce will not be provided by DHP.
4. Contestants are responsible for supplying all their own products related to their chili submission and maintenance of its proper temperature for serving. An electrical outlet will be available for each entry. All ingredients must be pre-cooked prior to the event – chili is to be brought ready to eat.
5. Each contestant must cook at least 10 gallons of chili for consumption.
6. Each organization is responsible for cleaning up their area at the end of the event and removing all items from their area. There will not be an area for the cleaning of dishes. No items shall be allowed to remain after the close of the cook-off.
7. Because of food allergies and sensitivities, please be able to provide an ingredient list at the event. If chili is spicy please let that be known.
8. Organizations may also sell baked goods as long as an ingredient list is available.
Peoples Choice Judging Form
1. Every chili submission will receive a ballot box. Upon entry attendees will receive a ticket that is worth $2. Tickets or cash will be used to vote on their favorite chili. (1 ticket = $2)
2. Dollars raised will go to the contestant’s organization or non-profit.