How Long Will This Application Take?
Once your Cover Letters are are prepared, this online application form will take about 35 minutes to complete and submit.
There are 6 short parts to the Community Volunteer Ambassador Application:
1. Basic Applicant Information (estimated 2 minutes)
2. Preferred Parks Selection, resume upload, and cover letter upload(s) (estimated 5 minutes)
Please answer this question in your cover letter: How does your experience/personal background make you a promising candidate for this program?
3. Previous AmeriCorps Experience (Yes/No) (estimated 1 minute)
4. Contact Information for 2 References (estimated 2 minutes)
Both email and phone information requested for references
References can be anyone who knows you in either a personal, professional, or educational way. Teachers/professors, case workers, relatives, supervisors, or similar are all acceptable references.
5. Supplemental Questions: (estimated 10 minutes)
We work to foster a culture of acceptance and inclusion. We do not tolerate discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, ability, political affiliation, military status, sexual orientation, or gender. Given that the staff and volunteers at the site consist of people from all different backgrounds, what will you do to ensure a positive, healthy, and successful work environment at your site?
Describe a time when you needed to communicate with someone that did not share the same values or beliefs as you. Describe the situation, the actions you took, and the outcome.
6. Statements of Acknolwedgement (estimated 5 minutes)