What are the requirements?
1. You must be alcohol, tobacco and drug-free and committed to promoting a positive, healthy lifestyle free of violence.
2. You must be at least 15 years old and enrolled in high school.
3. You must be willing to commit to the TADV Advisory Board for at least one year.
4. You must complete a parental permission form if you are under 18 years old.
5. You must be creative and have writing skills or knowledge of social media.
What does the TADV Advisory Board do?
1. Meet quarterly (in person) and communicate digitally on a weekly basis (as needed).
2. Contribute to the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram social media platforms.
3. Promote the Teen Dating Violence Prevention Program and its social media platforms with peers.
4. Advise the Partnership Against Domestic Violence (PADV)’s Annual 2020 Teen Summit planning committee.
5. Shadow, and subsequently co-facilitate, at least one Teen Dating Violence 101 presentation in addition to attending in-person quarterly meetings.
What are the benefits of being a part of the TADV Advisory Board?
1. Volunteer experience with an established non-profit organization.
2. Leadership opportunities.
3. Improvement of communication and decision-making skills, advocacy and teamwork ability. Perfect for resume enhancing.
4. Increased knowledge of social issues.