RULES AND REGULATIONS
Parade will be Thursday, December 2nd
Deadline for applications is November 19th by 5:00 pm !!
• NO candy will be thrown from floats or vehicles during parade. Walkers only may pass cany out to watchers during the parade. This rule is for the safety
of the crowd, to maintain a steady flow of the parade, and to limit liability in case of accident. Entries violating this rule are subject to removal from the parade and forfeiture of the right to participate in the future. The parade is videoed to help parade officials monitor the route.
• SANTA is not to be included on any entry. The only SANTA in the parade will be the Morristown Fire Department’s Official Santa Claus Entry.
• NO SIRENS are to be sounded during the parade by any vehicle. You may play Christmas music at a volume that is not to drown out other floats or performers.
• To prevent gaps in the parade, units MUST NOT stop unless instructed to do so during the parade. Keep moving!
• Entry fees must be turned in before this application will be approved. You may pay over the phone by credit card by calling the Chamber at 423-586-6382. You may also mail it in to the Morristown Area Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 9, Morristown, TN 37815 or drop it by the Chamber location at 825 West First North Street, Morristown, TN 37815.
• If you have animals, you are responsible for cleaning up behind your unit. No exceptions. Horses must be bagged.
• There will be no alcoholic beverages permitted. Anyone judged by parade officials to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be asked to leave the parade area.
• The parade officials have the right to ask anyone not in compliance with the parade rules to withdraw from the parade.
• All vehicles in the Parade must be decorated with Christmas decor and lights. This is a Christmas Light Parade!
• PLEASE NOTE: At least one representative for your parade entry MUST attend a safety meeting. The Safety meeting will be held a week before the parade.
Parade Route & Line Up Area
• The Parade will begin at First Baptist Church and disburse at the Home Trust Bank.
• All units entering the parade must enter the parade route from the intersection of S. Fairmont and W. Main Street and be headed EAST (toward downtown). Side streets will be blocked.
• We need everyone in their places by 5:30 P.M.
All float entries should be in place and ready to be judged by 5:45 P.M. Judging will begin at 5:45 P.M. so do not be late or you will forfiet.