Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. We run an annual Christmas Craft Fair and periodic Ladies Night Sip and Shops. This year we have our first HANDCRAFTED EXPO held at the Agriplex in Cloverdale.
Our volunteers are heavily relied on to ensure a successful event. You must be prepared to commit to attend, and work hard - and have fun too! (And Leave your phone alone!)
Ideally, you will be available for the whole day, but smaller shifts are available providing we have enough volunteers. We need at least 15 volunteers for each event, but can use more, so if you know anyone else who may like to help out, then please share the link you were given to this form.
WHAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO DO:
Our volunteers help with ensuring both the vendors and the guests have a great experience. They are instrumental in running the event.
Some duties include (but not limited to): (For any event)
- Setting up tables/chairs
- Setting up decorations (if any)
- Setting up Door Prize Displays
- Door Prize organization/hand out
- Assisting Vendors unload/load their vehicles
- Assisting Vendors - relieve at their booth for bathroom breaks if needed
- Runner for Event Organizer - odd jobs
- Runner for Vendors (offering coffee and ensuring they don't need anything)
- Taking tickets at the door
- Selling tickets at the door
- Checking Vaccination Passports
- Monitoring the number of people in the hall
- Checking for wristbands
- Working a booth selling items
- Other miscellaneous duties
- Possible Security
For Sip and Shop Events: Above Duties - as well as:
- Food Tables (Keeping it stocked)
WHAT WE REQUIRE OF YOU:
- Attend your shift
- Be on Time
- Be Friendly and Helpful
- Be attentive - look engaged
- No experience Necessary - we will train you.
- Stay off your phone
- Bartenders need Serving It Right
A volunteer letter if required, will also be provided, as well as we will sign any document needed to confirm volunteer hours. This letter will ony be provided to those that are actively helping/participating. Sitting around chatting or on your phone or not actively engaged in the event will not be tolerated and will result in no letter.
Events will be held at Shannon Hall on the Cloverdale Fairgrounds. (6050 176 Street) and the Handcrafted Expo will be held at the AGRIPLEX on the Cloverdale Fairgrounds.
Lunch will be provided.
Orientation for Craft Fair is on Friday Nov 4 at 3:15. It is Mandatory. If you cannot attend this time, please note in the comments what time on Friday Nov. 4 you can. If you can't come at all that day, we can try to arrange a different day.
If you are still interested, please fill out the form below. You will be sent an email confirming your shift as soon as possible (but allow up to 10 days).
Each volunteer needs to fill this out.
A note regarding volunteer letters. It is up to YOU to email email@example.com within one week of the event to request your letter.
Note: OUR OFFICE IS CLOSED FROM NOV. 6 UNTIL NOVEMBER 20.
NOTE!! YOU ONLY NEED TO ATTEND ONE ORIENTATION - AND IT HAS TO BE BEFORE YOUR FIRST SHIFT