Student Activities Budget Committee Core Values:
- Multicultural Programming
- Leadership training
- Tying programs to important events
- Programming traditions
- Programming for each demographic group
- Programming that sparks an interest in the arts
- Programming that collaborates with other campus organizations (or the community)
- Programming that collaborates with academic disciplines
- Student Recognition
- Community Service Programming
- Unique forms of Programming
- Programming in the student’s interests.
As good stewards of the Student Activity Fee, the SABC agrees to be guided by the following:
The majority of funds and focus should be spent on student-led initiatives/activities. When clubs and organizations collaborate, they have a larger pool of money and a larger pool of resources. If funds are not realized through the allocation process, collaboration is an excellent alternative. The SABC focus is determining if funds spent would benefit some students, not deterring controversy. College policy applies. Both group and large scale community efforts can benefit students.
Often funds spent on group development help to benefit “deep” skill development, while funds spent on campus community development focus on the wider student population. Both are valuable.
Process: The committee meets weekly to review the budget request submissions. Please contact the Campus Life office, or check the Campus Club and Events Board for specific details regarding deadlines/timing. Additional helpful resources are available in the Campus Life Office (i.e. STLCC ~ MC Budget Request Binder, etc).