Rheumatoid Arthritis in Dentistry
Presented by Judy Caesly, Dental Hygienist
You must achieve a passing score of 80% on the ten content questions related to the course you just viewed. If you do not pass on the first try, you do have the opportunity to try again. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
1. Rheumatoid arthritis is a relatively common autoimmune disease, with multiple treatment options. Which of the following is an example of a drug that has been shown to halt or reverse the progression of this disease in the majority of patients?
2. In a follow-up visit, you establish that your patient has been prescribed adalimumab (s.c. every 2 weeks) to help them achieve their therapeutic goal. Major side effects with this class of medication include:
Infections & malignancy
3. Rheumatoid arthritis is more severe in?
4. A 36-year-old woman was seen by her Doctor due to pain in her hands, wrists, and knees. She is diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Which of the following treatments will reduce joint inflammation and slow progression of the disease?
5. A C-reactive protein (CRP) test can be used to monitor the progression of RA?
6. What is a C-Reactive protein test used to detect?
White cell count
Protein content of urine
Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) blood test
7. Which one of these is NOT a goal of RA treatment?
Stop inflammation or reduce it to the lowest possible level (put disease in remission)
Reduce long-term heart disease
Improve function and overall well-being
8. Rheumatology is the branch of medicine that involves the study of...
The immune system
Musculoskeletal (muscles and bones) system
All of the above
9. The sudden appearance or worsening of RA symptoms is referred to as an
10. What is the name of the device that can be used on TePe toothbrushes and special brush handles to assist with dexterity?
TePe Easy Grip
TePe Extra Grip
TePe Grip Fix
Type a question
6 Evaluation Questions
No wrong answers!
1. Course objectives were accomplished.
2. Course content was up-to-date, useful, and well-organized.
3. Instructor demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge of the subject.
4. Course administration was efficient and convenient.
5. Overall, I would rate this course.
6. Please note any additional comments.
Should be Empty: