D. Terms and Conditions of Agreement
1. Total purchase price for the puppy will be $2500, tax is included. If you decide to buy two or more puppies we may be willing to discuss a discount.
2. Payment of the price of the puppy will be made in two installments a) a deposit of $400 upon execution of this agreement must be paid in cash or by bank certified check made payable to Flufferbutt Farm LLC, and b) the remaining will be due when the puppy is ready for final delivery to the Buyer and is to be paid in cash or also by bank certified check.
3. The purchase price is a "Pet Only" puppy sale. We believe it is your decision whether or not to have your puppy spayed or neutered. There are conflicting theories as to whether it is the healthiest practice to follow with respect to doing so ever or at a certain point in time in your dog's life. Furthermore, the sale of one of our puppy's, as a pet only, does not convey any documentation or record of their breed and or of any testing that would provide any assurance of their ability to procreate off-spring.
4. Timely Pick-Up is absolutely required. Breeder will notify Buyer by email 5 days prior to when puppy is ready and it must be picked up within this timeframe. Failure to pay the full remaining balance of the purchase price within this five day period, and, or failure to pick-up and take delivery will constitute forfeiture of all funds paid by the Buyer as well as the surrender of all rights to the puppy. Timely pick-up of the puppy is a crucial element of this agreement since puppies only are puppies for so long when they are best suited for adoption.
5. Promises by Breeder as to health and fitness of the puppy:
a) The puppy is not known to have ill health or injury at the time of sale and transfer of the puppy to Buyer. See Addendum A for complete terms and conditions as they relate to this agreement for details as to the Breeder’s Puppy Health Warranty.
b) The puppy has been cared for and raised in a humane and positive nurturing manner to promote good temperament, alertness, confidence, affection, health, and a general good sense of well-being. We believe our puppies have been given the attention needed to make them very people friendly.
c) The puppy has not had its tail docked or dew claws removed. We believe that tails are an important part of the puppy’s personality and general sense of well-being. Dew claws are like the puppy’s thumbs and if normal in size and maintained as all of the other claws and paw pads, they should be healthy and also provide the puppy with improved motor skills and a better general sense of well-being.
d) If the Buyer decides within 8 days after purchase and taking delivery, provided the puppy has been well-kept, well-treated, and properly nourished, the puppy may be returned to the possession of the Breeder, and the Breeder will accept the return of the puppy and will arrange for a refund of the purchase price less the $400 charge for the non-refundable deposit. If however the puppy has any indication of mistreatment, malnourishment, injury, or sickness, we will need to assess the situation with our veterinarian and if medical costs are necessary, or if the puppy is permanently damaged the Breeder unilaterally maintains the right to withhold any return of payment to the Buyer. If the puppy is in good health and well cared for, the refund will be made by wire fund transfer within 30 days of the Breeder regaining control of the puppy.
e) If the puppy is examined within 72 hours of the Buyer taking possession of the puppy by a licensed veterinarian and it is determined that it has a life threatening illness or some genetic abnormality, the Breeder will provide one of three remedies to the Buyer:
(1) The Buyer may return the puppy to the Breeder within 5 days after taking initial delivery, and Buyer will receive a refund less the deposit. No medical reimbursement would be refundable and, or otherwise reimbursed by the Breeder only the balance of the amount paid for the puppy less the deposit.
(2) The Buyer may maintain ownership, and then the Breeder will reimburse up to $1000 for medical expenses billed for care of the puppy by a licensed veterinarian. This a one-time only payment to be made to reimburse the Buyer for expenses incurred. The onetime payment by the Breeder would be complete and absolute dispensation for any and all liability by the Breeder.
(3) The Buyer may also simply return the puppy to the Breeder up to 1 year after taking delivery but would not receive a refund. The Buyer would relinquish care and, or future rehoming of the puppy to the Breeder.
f) The Breeder promises to be a life-long resource to the Buyer to consult with regarding the care of your puppy. Of course, the Breeder will warrant that such information is only provided to the best of their knowledge and ability, without any guarantee as to remedy or ability to cure a behavioral or medical condition without additional third-party resources being needed and paid for by the Buyer.
g) The Breeder is inclined to focus on holistic, natural, and homeopathic solutions. Your puppy may not be vaccinated or otherwise inoculated as your veterinarian might recommend prior to your receiving your puppy. Please see Addendum B. We are adhering to the newest and most widely accepted veterinarian school best practices.