Why does Little League have boundaries?
The purpose of league boundaries is to establish and maintain parity in the Little League program. At its core, Little League Baseball and Softball is a community-based program that offers equal opportunity to all children within their given neighborhood or community.
However, there are situations where playing in a different league than your home league helps solve a hardship or adversity for families. For these players, there is a need for an "Out of Boundary" Request.
Please note and understand the following :
- Golden Hill cannot allow players to participate who do not meet the residency and/or school requirements without first receiving approval from the Charter Committee
- If a player request an out-of-boundary waiver, Golden Hill is obligated to submit said request to our DA
- Golden Hill must make the request before a player's participation
- Player is not eligible to participate in ANY Golden Hill Little League events until such notification of approval is received from Charter Commitee
- It is Golden Hill's responsbility to iniate the waiver on behalf of the player
Established Procedure :
- Golden Hill Board reviews request
- Golden Hill makes details request to player's "home league" & District 56 Administrator and provides with it all information from parents/guardian that is required below
- District 56 Administrator fowards all documentation to the Regional Office with his/her written comments after reviewing
- Regional Office compiles all information and submits to the Charter Committee for review
- Charter Committee reviews and responds - either allowing or denying request.
NOTE : Out-of-Boundary players that are approved to join Golden Hill Little League may not be given Little League All-Star Postseason eligibility during their first year with the league.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN OUT-OF-BOUNDARY WAIVER REQUEST