1. The artist must be 18 years or older and may be a professional or rising artist.
2. Work must be submitted by a current membership holder.
3. Artists may have 4 items in the gift shop at one time. Authors may have 3 copies per title of their books at one time. Cards and stationary will be considered separately, and artists may have 4 reproductions of cards and/or stationary at one time in addition to other items. Each artist is able to submit artwork by appointment pending approval to be submitted to the gift shop area. The Art League reserves the right to refuse a work if it does not meet the guidelines and requirements presented by the Art League and the Gift Shop Committee.
4. Forfeiting items to the ALOC Staff upon drop off does not guarantee space in the gift shop. Items will be included at the discretion of the Gift Shop Committee. Items are subject to be backstocked if space is limited.
5. All artwork accepted into the gift shop is able to remain on display for 6 months after the date of drop off. After 6 months, the work will be pulled, and the artisan must retrieve their work at the soonest possible date. The artist will be notified via email, along with follow-up phone calls. After the third contact attempt with no response after 3 months, the work will be considered a donation.
6. Work may include, but may not be limited to, paintings, prints, photographs, cards, 2D mixed media, 3D mixed media, pottery, glass, fiber, silks, jewelry, mosaic, wall art.
7. Art must be produced solely by the artist; not in a class or a workshop. Work from kits or paintings of published photos and copyrighted images, other than taken by the artist, are not allowed.
8. Artwork on paper must be matted and presented in an acetate sheet protector.
9. The maximum outside mat dimensions of 2D works may not exceed 18” x 24” (Square works may be 24” by 24” at most).
10. All Hanging Artwork must be 8x 10 or smaller (Square works may be 8x8 at most). Hanging work must be wired or have a sawtooth hanger.
11. All 3D work must be original and cannot be constructed from a kit or pre-manufactured items. No broken, chipped, unstable or dirty work will be accepted. No piece shall be taller than 6 inches or have a footprint greater than 6x6 inches, without written consent.
12. Fiber work must come on a clothes hanger with a tag attached to garments identifying Artist and Price. Please also include printed care instructions that may be attached to the hanger and provided to the customer upon purchase. No hanger necessary for purses.
13. Books do not expire, however titles will be removed if an author’s membership expires.
14. All displays will be at the discretion of the Art League of Ocean City. Artists' personal display fixtures will no longer be permitted.
15. Items must be priced at $10 minimum or higher