● Program Participant Eligibility:
○ WVSRC Adult Member aged 18 and older in good paid standing
○ A current lap swim waiver completed and signed (See Addendum B)
○ Able to Swim 300 yards unassisted
○ Swim Buddy must be present (minimum 2 swimmers)
○ Must join the GroupMe mobile app for communications
○ Absolutely No Diving or wading in the Diving well
○ Maximum 2 swimmers per lane, swimming opposite sides
○ Lane reservation max 1 hour per swimmer
● The lap swim program is offered in two sessions biannually.
○ Summer Program - March 1st to October 31st
○ Winter Program - November 1st to February 28th (29th leap year).
● Pool Specialists Lifeguard Certified through a mandatory safety training and certification program provided by Pool Specialists. The certification requirements are:
○ Swim tests – as required by all accredited lifeguard certification
○ AED Training - as required by all accredited lifeguard certification
○ CPR Training - as required by all accredited lifeguard certification
○ Proper safety procedures to follow in case of a health issue, accident or injury - as required for all accredited lifeguard certification
○ Location of the AED and Phone.
○ Proper setup and removal of the lap lanes, pool covers (winter group)
● Lap Swim Program Availability
○ In Season (Pool is Open): Sunday – Saturday 5:00am-8:30am
○ Off Season (Pool is Closed): Sunday – Saturday 5:00am-9:00am
● Participant must sign up, agree to rules, sign waiver and view lap swim schedules on the Pool Specialists website (https://www.poolspecialists.com/). Reservations are made via Group Text and GroupMe app managed by Pool Specialists
● Rule Violations
○ If any of the required rules are not adhered to, the participant will be given a written warning. If any of the rules are not adhered to a second time, the participant will be removed from the lap swim program for the remainder of the session.
○ If a lap swimmer enters the pool alone without another member present, they will be immediately withdrawn from the lap swim program.