Role Title: Shopping Companion
Ref: FTC – SC
Purpose of Position: Food Train is an award winning charity providing services to older people who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability. The CONNECTS service offers a volunteer matching service for grocery shopping, telephone befriending and meal delivery.
Reports to: Food Train Connects team.
· Collect an older person from their home on agreed date and time to take them for their grocery shopping.
· Support them as they do their grocery shop and transport them back to their home, helping unpack shopping if required.
· To report back to Food Train Connects team and complete all required documentation after each trip.
· To report any matters of concern to Food Train staff
· To inform Food Train Staff of any accidents, incidents or complaints
· To maintain confidentiality
· To represent Food Train in a professional manner to customers and the wider community
Skills and experience:
There are no formal educational requirements for this role however knowledge of the needs of older people acquired through life and family experiences, training received or practice based experience is desirable.
Friendly, sociable and patient with a caring manner.
Good telephone manner and willingness to use own phone to make shopping arrangements.
Must have a driving licence and use of a suitable vehicle.
Responsive, flexible and efficient.
Good verbal communication skills are required as well as being a people person with a sense of humour who can adapt to any situation and changing people behaviour.