Waiver, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement
1. Name of event: Port Saint Lucie Seafood Festival
2. Location: Mid-Florida Event Center Port St. Lucie, FL
3. Date(s) of event: January 29th & 30th 2022
I agree and acknowledge as follows:
4. Release of Liability. I, unconditionally waive, release, indemnify and forever discharge and hold harmless, POTTC Events, Pirates of the Treasure Coast, the Mid-Florida Event Center, the City of Port St. Lucie, all sponsoring organizations, their directors, officers, employees, agents and volunteers, successors and assigns, and all other persons directly or indirectly liable, from all claims of legal or financial liability of any kind, including but not limited to, personal and economic injury, loss, costs, or damage arising out of or in conjunction with the above named festival or event, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, including those resulting from negligence or fault, without regard to any hazards which may exist, whether hidden or obvious. Additionally, I assume full liability for myself, my staff, employees, helpers, partners, volunteers, friends, family and or spouse who accompany or assist me at this event.
5. Severability. If any part of this Waiver and Release is found to be invalid, all other parts of this agreement shall remain binding and continue in full force and effect. I expressly agree that this agreement shall be construed as broadly as permitted by the law of the State of Florida.
6. Acknowledgment of Voluntariness. I have not been pressured or coerced in any way to participate in these activities. Any activities I undertake are done so voluntarily and solely for purposes of participating in or attending the above festival or event.
7. Affirmation. I affirm that I am an adult and legally competent to sign this release; that the terms of this release are contractual, and that this release shall be binding on me, my personal representatives, heirs, successors and assigns.
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT. BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ARE ALSO ASSUMING CERTAIN OBLIGATIONS. NOTWITHSTANDING PRECAUTIONS TAKEN, ACCIDENTS AND UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES MAY OCCUR AND THEREFORE THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE SIGNED BEFORE YOU PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE, SEEK CLARIFICATION FROM A LEGAL ADVISOR.