Outward Bound Hong Kong
- We urge you to be completely transparent in providing OBHK with information requested. Many participants over the years who have had a variety of medical/psychological difficulties have attended and successfully completed courses, but we must be aware of any such conditions for your safety. Failure to disclose such information could result in harm to you and your fellow participants.
- Note that OBHK will reduce strenuous activities and the physicality of its courses when the AQHI is “VERY HIGH”, but it will not discontinue any programming until the AQHI exceeds “Serious”.
At OBHK we realise that there are inherent risks in the activities we undertake and in the environments in which we undertake them; rest assured that we continually assess and manage them. The learning process often involves deliberately encouraging participants to take part in activities containing unfamiliar risks to them. Participants must also understand that their care, safety and well-being are our greatest concern.
We will not as a result restrict activities to remove such risks however the principle is to prepare participants to deal appropriately with any risks involved. We aim to achieve continual improvement in our health and safety performance by adopting the following:
• Achieved external accreditation (AEE)
• Implemented a risk management system
• Pursuing internationally recognised best practices within our operations
• Implemented an international inspection and ongoing auditing programme
• Managing staff competence to ensure they complete judgment training so all activities are taught in a safe manner
• Maintain written safety standards that govern all aspects of our operations
• Maintain an external Safety Committee that monitors all safety practices within our operations
• Educating participants on safety and personal hygiene
• Encouraging a ‘what if’ attitude towards each and every experience
• Maintain ongoing safety and specific skills training
• All field staff must maintain current life-saving and first aid certification
• Each and every incident is stringently reported and followed up
By signing this document,
- Consent is hereby given for the applicant to attend an OBHK course and permission is given for any emergency anaesthesia, operation, hospitalisation, above medication and/ or other treatment which may be defined necessary.
- I have read the description of OBHK courses within this medical record and I understand that the programme can involve physically and mentally strenuous activities in a remote wilderness area potentially far from urban facilities.
- If I have indicated that I require regular medication I shall bring it with me. If I fail to do so I understand that I may not be able to begin the course.
The information provided above is a complete and accurate statement of the physical and psychological factors which may affect my participation on an OBHK course, I realise that failure to disclose such information could result in serious harm to me and my fellow participants and I agree to indemnify and waive OBHK of all liability if all relevant information is not disclosed.
The Personal Information Collection Statement outlines the purpose of our data collection, its intended use and who will have access to it. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic Transactions Ordinance (Cap. 533) gives electronic records and digital signatures the same legal status as their paper-based counterparts. By signing the box below, I affirm that the information provided above is a complete and accurate statement of the physical and psychological factors which may affect my participation on an OBHK course. I realise that failure to disclose such information could result in serious harm to me and my fellow participants and I agree to indemnify and waive OBHK of all liability if all relevant information is not disclosed.
- Applicant (18 years of age or above); OR
- Parent / legal guardian (applicant under 18 years of age)