Category: Young Professionals Recognition (Members, Non-Members)
The award is granted to a young professional (member or non-member), 35 years of age or younger at the time of nomination, who has made a positive contribution to the science and technology profession. The young professional can be nominated by a member or non-member of OACETT who can act as one of the three required reference letters.
The basis for granting the award could be a single exceptional accomplishment, or a record of continuing excellence. It should relate to a contribution to the profession of science and technology in Canada. Activities for which this award may be given include:
- Development and implementation of a new product, process or technique.
- Design and/or construction of significant or unique structures.
- An innovative technical solution to environmental, social or community problems.
- Research leading to applications of new knowledge.
- Specific work accomplishments.
- Professional-entrepreneurial successes.
- Career path improvements – public profile.
- Published papers, articles, etc.
- Corporate recognition, level of responsibility, etc.
- Peer recognition.
- Contributions to technical societies, standard organisations.