Category: Student Recognition (Members, Non-Members)
The award is granted to deserving students (members and non-members) who have demonstrated one or more of the following:
1. Outstanding volunteerism in the engineering technology and applied science fields.
- This includes volunteering with firms, on college or university research projects, with OACETT at either the OACETT proper or chapter level, etc.
- Recognition of service and accomplishments would be a factor in assessing the nominee’s contribution. Length of service would not qualify for the award
2. Outstanding volunteerism within the wider community.
- This includes volunteering within the wider community. This is not technology related in nature.
- Recognition of service and accomplishments would be a factor in assessing the nominee’s contribution. Length of service would not qualify for the award.
3. Dedication to the mentorship of peers in either a learning or volunteer environment
- Mentorship can be demonstrated in either a community or professional volunteer environment or scholastic environment.
- The student could have acted as a mentor one-on-one or in a group setting; in order to share wisdom, insight and skills.
- Students must be enrolled in the second or third year of an engineering technology or applied science diploma or degree program at one of the Ontario community colleges at the time of nomination.
- Students do not have to be a member of OACETT; however, priority will be given to OACETT student members.
- Students can be nominated by a member or non-member of OACETT who can act as one of the references for the student. It should be noted that students cannot nominate each other for this award; however a fellow student can act as a reference.
- Each student must have a minimum of three references who can vouch for the student’s volunteerism and/or mentorship. There can only be one student reference.
- A description of the students’ volunteer and mentorship activities will need to be provided along with any relevant accomplishments (write-ups, awards, certificates, etc.).