1. Student must be at least 17 years of age
2. Must submit a high school transcript or GED/HiSET transcript, which is required if taking the national exam. It is your responsibility to request your transcript from the High School you graduated from or the state you received your GED/HiSET from. Please have requested copies mailed to:
Franklin Technology Center
810 S Wall Ave
Joplin, MO 64801
3. Submit application
4. Results of current Tuberculosis test (within 6 mos. prior to class start date maximum) must be provided to instructor the first night of class
5. Tuition and course fees of $781(without certification test) or $900(with certification test) required at the time the application is submitted
6. Attend Orientation Sesstion prior to starting program
7. A Social Security Number is required for enrollment
Requirements and Fees:
· Students are required to wear scrubs to class at their own expense (no specific color or pattern)
· Complete 60 hours of in-class instruction
· This course is not eligible for financial aid
· Students must SUBMIT to venipunctures and capillary sticks by fellow students
· Must perform a minimum of 25 successful venipuncture and 5 capillary sticks on live individuals within 2 years to meet eligibility for the NCPT exam
. Program requires 90% attendance
. Overall "C" course average to successfully complete
. Refund Policy: If a class is cancelled by Franklin Technology Center, a full refund will be given. If an enrollee cancels or drops a class on or after the start date, see Student Handbook for Refund Policy.
*Disclaimer: The programs and courses require a minimum number of students in order for the classes to be offered.
National Certification Exam:
Please note: We are an official NCCT test site and provide the opportunity to take a national certification exam at the end of the course. A high school diploma or GED is required to be eligible to take the NCCT phlebotomy exam. Upon successful completion of this course, if you qualify and you choose to do so, we will schedule an exam date following the end of the course. Any corresponding application, forms, and/or verifications will be due at this time.