Originally developed by Jaci Bryant November 2021. For the first time GeoLocation widget was used. Jaci's company provided the Google API Key.
The Santa requests are sent to a Google Sheet for mapping on Google Maps. Click here to see the map and click here to see the Google Sheet. The same Google Sheet is also used for recording PYC Members who participate in the parade which is used in conjunction with the "Lighted Ships Parade Participant's Registration" JotForm.
To log into the Google Sheet use LightedShips@gmail.com The password can be obtained from Bill Whiteley or George Daniels.
Based on the previous year's Santa requests several additions were added:
- A sequential number to track entries on the route
- In addition to the Geolocator a choice of three options for common locations, i.e. Poulsbo Waterfront Park, Sully’s in Suquamish and Other.
- If "Other" is selected the Geolocation widget and street address appears. Initially these options are hidden. The street address only appears if the Geolocator isn't moved from its original position, i.e., Lyons Park across from PYC.
- When "Poulsbo Waterfront Park" or "Sully’s in Suquamish" are selected a hidden "collector" field was added to record the Geolocations for these locations. In like fashion, the "collector" records the Geolocation if utilized.
- The confirmation email, in addition to the form's data, provides the person with Junior Sailing information.