Moderna / Pfizer 3rd dose Eligibility (28 days after 2nd dose):
For Moderna 18 years of age or older and have a condition or are taking medications or treatments that moderately or severely weakens their immune system, and received either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine are eligible for a third dose. Conditions and treatments may include:
• Active treatment for cancer
• Received an organ transplant and are taking immunosuppressive therapy
• Received a stem cell transplant within the past two years
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency • Advanced or untreated HIV
• Active treatment with a high dose of corticosteroids or other drugs that moderately or severely weaken your immune system This is not a complete list.
The recommendation for a third dose is for people who have conditions like those listed above and not for most people with other medical conditions such as diabetes or heart or lung disease. If you have an immunocompromising condition or are taking drugs that weaken your immune system, discuss with your doctor whether you should get a third dose.
US CDC says that the third dose should be given at least four weeks after the second dose of the Pfizer (for above listed conditions) or Moderna vaccines