IF RENTED - PLEASE COMPLETE THE NEXT SECTION IN FULL. IF INCOMPLETE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
IF OWNED - PLEASE MOVE ONTO THE NEXT SECTION.
IF OWNED - PLEASE MOVE ONTO THE NEXT SECTION.
IF RENTED, PLEASE COMPLETE THE EXTRA QUESTIONS. INCOMPLETE ANSWERS MAY MEAN A DELAY IN PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION
Bond and Initial Payments
On approval of an application, to commence the lease, a bond equivalent to four weeks rent and the first two weeks rent in advance must be paid to the Agent. Bond payments can either be made to the agent or directly to the RTA. The first two weeks rent are to be paid within 24 hours of acceptance by direct transfer to Spectrum Trust Account. Keys will not be provided for the property until the lease agreement has been signed by all Tenants and the bond and first two weeks rent have been received by the Agent in full as cleared funds.
Ongoing Rent Payments
Spectrum Estate Agents prefer for tenants to set up recurring transactions to pay rent. This means there is less likelihood of missed or forgotten payments.
Payment Processing and Time Frames
Please note that due to bank processing time frames, payments may take up to 4 business days to reach us. Please factor this when you commence your payments.
I the Tenant, understand that by submitting this application I am accepting the property in its current condition unless negotiated otherwise. I accept that I have viewed the property and I agree the premises are reasonably clean and tidy and in a condition suitable for me to occupy. If I have chosen to apply sight unseen, I accept that I cannot be released from my obligations as tenant if I change my mind. I understand Spectrum Estate Agents preferred payment methods for rent and agree to them.
Tenancy Privacy Statement / Collection Notice
Due to the changes in the Privacy Laws, all property managers must ensure that you (the applicant) fully understand the National Privacy Principles and the way they must use your personal information to carry out their role as professional property managers.
The information, personal or otherwise, provided by the prospective tenant in this application or that which is collected from other sources is necessary for the agent to assess the risk in providing you with the tenancy, to identify the applicant's identity and to process, evaluate and manage the tenancy. The personal information collected about you (the applicant) in this application may be disclosed, by use of the internet or otherwise, to other parties, including:
Trades People • Financial Institutions • Government and Statutory bodies • Referees • Solicitors • Property Evaluators • Existing or potential clients of the agent • Rental Bond Authorities • Tenant Databases • Other Real Estate Agents • Other Third Parties as required by law • Collection Agents • Verification Services • Other Landlords • Body Corporates
Information already held on tenancy databases may also be disclosed to the Agent and/or landlord. Unless you advise the Agent to the contrary, the Agent may also disclose such information to The Real Estate Institute of your State and to NTD, TRA, TICA, RP DATA, BARCLAY MIS or DATAKATCH for the purpose of documenting all leasing data in the area for the benefit of its members as part of membership services and for others in the property-related industries, and so as to assist them in continuing to provide the best possible service to their clients.
The Agent will only disclose information in this way to other parties to achieve the purposes specified above or as allowed under the Privacy Act. If you (the applicant) would like to access this information you can do so by contacting the Agent at the address and contact numbers for the property you are interested in renting.
You (the applicant) can also correct this information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If your personal information is not provided to the Agent and you (the applicant) do not consent to the use of this information as specified above, the Agent cannot carry out their duties and may not be able to provide you with the lease/tenancy of the premises.
I acknowledge that this is an application to lease the property for which I am applying and that my application is subject to the owner's approval and the availability of the premises on the due date. No action will be taken against the landlord or agent should the premises not be ready for occupation on the due date or if my application is unsuccessful.
• I acknowledge that the processing period for my application could be up to 2 working days and in some circumstances longer. Unless contacted earlier by staff from the real estate agent in question - I will expect this time frame.
• I acknowledge that the landlord and landlord’s agent will rely on the truth of my answers in assessing the application for tenancy
• I hereby offer to rent the property from the owner under a lease to be prepared by the Agent pursuant to the Residential Tenancies Act.
• I acknowledge that I will be required to pay rent and a rental bond subject to the conditions of the Agent
• I acknowledge that an inquiry, independent or otherwise, may be made on all applicants applying for this property, to verify the validity of the personal details that have been supplied and to check my credit worthiness. If I default under a rental agreement, the Agent may disclose details of any such default to any person whom the Agent reasonably considers has an interest in receiving such information.
• I have been given the opportunity to view a copy of the standard terms and conditions that would be included in a lease, should my application be successful
• I declare that all information contained in this application is true and correct and given of my own free will and can be based as fact.
• I acknowledge that the agent in question cannot confirm that any phone lines to the property are operable or able to be reconnected.
• I understand that’s it’s the tenants responsibility to check with the telephone provider before proceeding with the tenancy to confirm the situation with the telephone line. Ensuring the main switch is in the off position for power connection remains the responsibility of the tenant .