The course(s) I am requesting are eligible to meet Polk County Public Schools high school graduation requirements.
• I have met Dual Enrollment admission entrance requirements. These entrance requirements must be verified by my high school guidance counselor.
• The last day of the course(s) taken is before my high school graduation date. • I understand the requested term for each DE course is contingent upon course and space availability.
• I will meet with my high school guidance counselor prior to beginning my dual enrollment course(s) to discuss the difference between dual enrollment and other types of accelerated programs, such as Advance Placement or the International Baccalaureate Program.
• I have completed all admissions documents required by the college that will be awarding credit upon successful completion of the course(s).
• Comply with the Attendance Policy, the Student Code of Conduct, and specific program requirements while enrolled in a technical program.
• I thoroughly understand the expectations of a college-level course. I understand that dual enrollment courses can impact my high school graduation and will be a permanent part of my record.
• I am required to maintain a 2.5 GPA.
• Like registration, all drops/withdrawals must be approved by the high school counselor and the college counselor.
Drop/withdrawal deadlines for students under dual enrollment is two (2) weeks from the first day of the start of the semester. Failure to adhere to drop/withdrawal deadline may result in a grade of “F” being posted on the student’s high school transcripts.
The student will be removed from the requested DE course(s) and placed in a substitute elective if the contact is not returned by the date specified by the school.
I affirmed that I have read this contract and I will abide by its stipulations.