About Cupping: Cupping is a therapy that applies negative pressure on the skin using glass, plastic, or silicone cups. The suction created by these cups stimulates and increases blood flow, which can help relieve joint and muscle pain, reduce inflammation, accelerate recovery, increase the function of the lymphatic and circulatory systems and increase overall relaxation and well-being. Cupping may also aid in the healing of scars and surrounding tissues.
There are cases where we do not do cupping, such as
- Skin Lesions or Inflammation (already present)
- Organ Failure (Renal, Hepatic, and/or Cardiac)
- Hemophilia or similar bleeding disorders
- Vericose Veins, Spider Veins
Caution shoulder be taken with any of the following conditions, please talk with your practitioner if you are experiencing any of these:
- Diabetes with complications or an acute infection
- Taking anticoagulant medication ex. Aspirin, warfarin etc.
- Severe chronic disease such as Heart Disease
- You are pregnant, are within 6 weeks after giving birth, or are menstruating
- Lymphedema or Anemia
- New Tattoos (localized)
- Recently given blood or undergone a medical procedure