The Will Long Memorial Scholarship was created in memory of one of our own former WTJCT players, Will Long. Will loved golf - and while he was just a year too young for our age divisions at the time, he would still play up when allowed. If he didn't play, he would hang out with the the staff while his brothers finished up and keep us all entertained with his hilarious personality and charisma. Will was so full of life - and when he passed away after a tragic accident at the age of 8, we wanted to do what we could to remember his contagious energy and established this scholarship in his memory.
The main purpose of this scholarship is to encourage and promote higher education for our players and award those that have demonstrated hard work both in academics and athletics. We also want to award those that have shown love for both the game of golf and life.
The Will Long Memorial Scholarship is designed to award a one time, cash scholarship to graduating seniors. Scholarship winners will be announced at the Tour Championship Banquet. Applicants do not have to be present to receive award.
Application must be submitted in completion. Deadline for Scholarship Application will be posted on the website. Any application submitted with partial completion or after the submission deadline will not be accepted. Please note that all information submitted will be kept confidential.
1. Must be a 2022 graduating senior
2. Must have plans to attend a college or university by Fall 2022
3. Must have been a member in good standing of the WTJCT for minimum of 2 years (including the current year). *Does not have to be consecutive years
4. Must fill out the application in full AND submit the below:
- Unofficial copy of most current high school transcript. Transcript may be uploded in this application in the Upload section at the end OR emailed seperately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 200 word essay. Please tell us about an influence or inspiration on your life. This can be an activity, a person, an event or anything else that has impacted you. The essay should be typed in a seperate document and may be attached to this application in the Upload section at the end OR emailed seperately to email@example.com.