Below are the community guidelines that will help maintain respectful and responsible usage of the Ventura Compost Co-Op and its host, Cornucopia Community Gardens. Members who adhere to these guidelines will keep their membership status as “Active.”
As a member of the Ventura Compost Co-Op, I understand that:
- I will follow the provided instructions on accessing the garden space and drop-off containers.
- I will follow the provided guidelines for using the compost bin.
- I will not share the compost access code with any other individuals.
- I will not enter the gated garden area unless I am a registered member of the Cornucopia Community Gardens.
- I will leave the site, equipment, and materials in the condition or better than which I found them.
- I will communicate any maintenance issues (a lack of browns, presence of pests, broken parts) to email@example.com or (805) 652-4525.
- All compost that is generated will be given to co-op members on designated distribution days or will stay onsite and used in the site’s landscape.
- I will only park in the designated parking areas. Note: There is no parking near the chain link fencing and/or under the power lines unless it is for brief loading or unloading only.
I also certify that:
- I will participate in at least one volunteer event a year to help maintain the compost system. If you are unable to make a volunteer commitment, there is an option to pay an annual $60 program free toward site operation and maintenance. Payment can be made directly through Ojai Center for Regenerative Agriculture.
- I will sign a volunteer waiver, either online or in person, prior to each volunteer event. More information about volunteer events will be emailed to members.