The Brian Jordan Foundation believes that in every young person, there is potential for excellence. We #expectmore both from and for all of our scholars!
The Brian Jordan Foundation Scholarship benefits economically challenged youth by awarding scholarships to students in need of financial assistance to further their education. The scholarship award is $1,250 per recipient, renewable for up to 4 (four) years (up to $5,000 total award).
The criteria used for selecting recipients are as follows:
• A high school senior, accepted to a four-year accredited college or university
• A high school senior who has spent at least 2 years involved in school music, arts, athletic programs, or extra-curricular activities.
• Maintained an overall 2.7 grade point average throughout high school
• Provide an essay on why they should become the recipient of the Brian Jordan Foundation Scholarship (minimum of 250 words)
• Include three letters of reference, from non-relatives
• Financial information for need determination
Consideration that will aid the decision:
• Leadership skills inside and outside of school
• Academic club(s) membership
• Social, religious organization(s) membership
• Band, sports, etc.... (extra-curricular activity involvement)
• Job(s)/Work experience
Requirements to Maintain the BJF Scholarship:
• Recipients must be enrolled in college each August 31st
• Recipients must maintain a grade point average of 2.5. If the recipient fails to maintain the 2.5 grade point average by August 31 each year, the scholarship will be suspended until requirements are met.
• Recipients must provide foundation with semester schedule & annual transcripts
• Recipients are asked to volunteer in at least one BJF event throughout the year
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 30, 2022
Please complete the application in full via this form. All supporting docs may be uploaded into your application. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered!
Finalists will be asked to participate in an in--person interview with the BJF Scholarship Committee in the beginning of June.
Scholarship presentation will occur at a Braves game at Truist Park in Atlanta in the summer of 2022.
QUESTIONS? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org