As we celebrate the time of Christ's birth, let us not forget where it all started. Christ was born in a manger, tucked away in a desolate, cold, and dark place. Through his birth, he brought light. Although we don't think of Christmas as a bleak and troublesome time, many in our community do. Through the love of Christ, the spirit of hope, and the promise that has been fulfilled, this can be a time of joy for us all. Goshen First UMC and the Life Center has made a promise to our community to do what Christ commanded us to do. "Let your light shine before men, that all may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
The Christmas Gift Ministry is about bringing hope to families in the season where so many see a desolate, cold, and dark place. Our mission is to provide gifts to our local community by providing gifts of love, food, gas cards, letters of encouragement, and a Bible so that all may read and know of the light that God has brought.
Please continue to support this ministry and let your light be on a stand to shine for our families in our community. For more information, please contact Loraine Troyer at (574) 361-3123 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Choose the items you wish to purchase and write down the child name, number, and gift before submitting this form. You will also receive an email with your responses.
- All gifts should be wrapped and tagged with the child's name and number. Any family gift cards should have the family letter on it.
- If you want to send cash and have others do the shopping instead, contact Loraine Troyer at (574) 361-3123.
- All gifts need to be in the church office or brought to church by Sunday, December 19th. Deliveries will be made between December 20th and December 24th.
- Keep in mind that toy items are suggestions for things the child likes, not a shopping list. You only need to purchase one or two toy items, not all of them.