South Jersey Cultural Alliance
Community Outreach & Programs Coordinator Description
SJCA strengthens South Jersey’s cultural community by acting as a central hub of information, connection, and resources supporting the needs of independent artists, cultural organizations, and other cultural stakeholders within Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean, and Salem counties.
SJCA envisions a region where individuals of all ages and backgrounds are engaged and enriched through the arts, history, and culture, of South Jersey and where communities prosper through a creative economy.
SJCA is committed to challenging and dismantling the systems which disproportionately marginalize Black, Latino, Indigenous, Asian, and other communities of color, people with special needs, LGBTQ people, and other members of under-resourced communities. We strongly encourage applications and participation from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
The Community Outreach & Programs Coordinator will act as a critical connector between SJCA, partner organizations, SJCA members, and South Jersey’s cultural community at large. The Coordinator will oversee and grow a community of artists, cultural organizations, community cultural groups, and other cultural assets through outreach and programs such as the South Jersey Cultural Asset Map Project. Responsible for effectively developing, implementing, and assessing all aspects of membership and SJCA programs, including budgets and reporting. The Coordinator will also revise current, and suggest new programs to increase and diversify revenue generation. This position focuses on cultivating and employing strategies to seek out diverse cultural assets and communities within South Jersey’s cultural landscape; engage new SJCA members; deepen member involvement, and provide member support with consistently innovative, high-quality programs and timely, effective communications.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS, EXPERIENCES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Membership, Programs, and/or Community Organizing experience
• Experience engaging diverse communities and individuals and a commitment to prioritizing Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion • Strong work ethic, self-starter works well under pressure
• Highly reliable, organized, responsible, and committed with strong attention to detail
• Strong written, verbal, and public speaking skills (ideally both English and Spanish)
• Experience with CRM/Databases (e.g., Wild Apricot), graphic design software (e.g., Canva), Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and Website content creation and maintenance (e.g., WordPress)
PREFERED JOB SKILLS, EXPERIENCES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ yrs work experience in nonprofit programming, membership management, community activation, and/or outreach
• Bilingual/Bicultural English and Spanish
• An understanding of the South Jersey arts, culture, and history
• Knowledge of arts, culture, history, and connecting with local communities and a passion for creating equitable access to arts & culture
• Public speaking skills that engage artists, arts administrators, and cultural community leaders
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are due Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
Interested parties must complete and submit the online application including a cover letter, resume, three professional references by the posted deadline.
Compensation: $35,000 - $45,000 depending on experience, salaried
Starting Date: Immediate
Location: SJCA’s primary office space is located on the main campus of Stockton University (101 Vera King Farris Dr, Galloway, NJ 08205). However, the Community Outreach & Programs Coordinator will also have limited remote/virtual options; some travel throughout the State of New Jersey will be required.
Work Environment Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 5 - 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods. All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of the job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee. It is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirements of the job change.
SJCA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
For more information about the South Jersey Cultural Alliance, please visit sjca.net.