The Role of the Commuter Don
The Commuter Don program seeks to engage international and domestic commuter students by connecting them to the St. Michael’s community and providing them with opportunities for personal growth that take place outside of the classroom. Commuter Dons are committed to supporting student life by organizing events, developing community-building initiatives, and providing mentorship and guidance to individual students. Other responsibilities include:
1. Outreach and foster student relationships with all St. Michael’s community members.
2. Helping students transition to university and integrate into the community.
3. Overseeing the Commuter Ambassador program, including training and leadership development.
4. Co-ordinating bi-weekly events with the Don Team and Commuter Ambassadors; two Dons must be present at all events.
5. Supporting the student life initiatives of other USMC partners (e.g. Campus Ministry, Alumni Affairs, Student Societies, Principal’s Office, etc.) and collaborating on these initiatives when possible.
6. Ensuring all USMC rules and policies are upheld when organizing student events (e.g. Conferences, Food Services, etc.)