The criteria for this award, which is given to the public garden in its entirety, include:
• Excellently designed and most horticulturally outstanding displays throughout the garden
• Maintains gardening practices that are appropriate to a local or regional environment and reflect environmentally informed horticulture
• Maintenance of commitment to plant collections
• Demonstrated commitment to the national or a regional horticultural community
• Encouraging students of gardening at all levels through innovative horticultural practices
Complete the form below and;
Attach a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 30 digital images to illustrate their displays, gardening practices, and, when available, collections. Up to three related electronic links may be submitted to illustrate the criteria for the award.
Attach a statement (max. 2 pages) describing your reason for the nomination. This letter should include:
* The number of gardeners and volunteers working on the displays
* A sample of associated signage or materials designed to encourage visitors to use environmentally-aware garden practices
* Information, if any, on how the displays are used in other gardening educational programs
Up to three letters of support (500 words or less) from community members are encouraged.