October 15-November 19 | Saturdays, 3-5 PM EDT
$349 General | $299 Patrons
Through this course, we will begin to understand and define what the Fitness Industrial Complex is and the ways we can reshape our practice and reframe the relationship that we have with fitness, movement, and bodies.
During the 6 weeks together will walk through:
1. Introduction: What is the Fitness Industrial Complex and what is our relationship to it?
2. Identifying the roots of toxic masculinity in fitness culture
3. Sex & gender as social constructs
4. All bodies, identities, shapes and abilities
5. Reframing language: coaching is more than just programs and cues
6. Moving beyond inclusion: seeing fitness through a social justice lens
Materials for each Saturday session will be released the Sunday beforehand, so be prepared to engage in homework and materials each week prior to the session meeting.