July 16-August 20 | Saturdays, 3-5 PM EDT
$349 General | $299 Patrons
Through this course, we will begin to understand and define what the Fitness Industrial Complex is and the ways we can reshape our practice and reframe the relationship that we have with fitness, movement, and bodies.
During the 6 weeks together will walk through:
1. Introduction: What is the Fitness Industrial Complex and what is our relationship to it?
2. Identifying the roots of toxic masculinity in fitness culture
3. Sex & gender as social constructs
4. All bodies, identities, shapes and abilities
5. Reframing language: coaching is more than just programs and cues
6. Moving beyond inclusion: seeing fitness through a social justice lens
Materials for each Saturday session will be released the Sunday beforehand. While you can work at your own pace on these assignments, they will need to be submitted before closing presentations.
We are in the process of certifying this course for CEUs, but individuals have had success presenting this course to receive their credits to their certifying body. This is a 30 hour course including lecture, meeting, and assignment times.