We welcome your interest in the SVACA Marketplace scheduled for September 24 and 25, 2022, in Fort Ransom, ND. INFORMATION ABOUT OUR EVENT: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
1) THIS IS A JURIED SHOW. All vendors must be approved by the jury. All are asked to include photos of their concession stand AND a description or menu of all items that will be sold. The jury changes every year - photos and complete descriptions are necessary for consideration.
2) A copy of your food vendor license for North Dakota is required with your application.
3) Average attendance for this show is 6,000 to 10,000 for the weekend. It is scheduled for the last full weekend of September.
4) Two complimentary wristbands will be given to each vendor for the show. (Those without wristbands will be charged daily admission.) ALL FEES MUST ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION. Incomplete applications or those without correct fees will be returned (to be completed or corrected) and may not be considered. Checks will only be cashed after vendors have been accepted. No postdated checks will be accepted.
5) Applications not received by the deadline will be placed on a waiting list to be reviewed at a later date, and will only be possibly accepted if there is room available. There will also be a late charge of $50 added to the application fees.
6) There is limited space for food vendors. We select vendors based on menu items offered, to be sure we have a variety available, as well as electricity needed.
7) If you are accepted and we are notified by JULY 15 that you cannot attend, the space fee will be refunded. From July 15 to September 1, HALF of the space fee will be refunded. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AFTER SEPTEMBER 1.
8) All outside food vendors will be set up in Stiklestad Park gazebo area. Please be sure to have the CORRECT SPACE SIZE needed and ELECTRICITY needed on the application. Electricity is limited so we need to make sure we have enough and the RIGHT hookups for everyone. If you do need electricity, please bring a long cord or extension cord. Not all spaces are close to the outlets. (If you have a generator that can be used, please indicate that as well.) Trailer/stand set up times on Friday, September 24, are from 9 am to 5 pm, or Saturday morning after 7:00 am.
9) All vendors must be in place by 9:00 a.m. Saturday, September 25th. Failure to be in attendance by this time will result in forfeiture of space and fees for both days. Vendors cannot be present for only one day. SVACA requires all vendors to remain both days - RAIN OR SHINE – SAT. 11:00 am - 6:00 pm and SUN. 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. (earlier am and/or later pm if you so choose.) Food vendors are encouraged to be open Friday afternoon for crafters and volunteers who are setting up. Those not able to attend must notify us.
10) Any criminal activity on the part of an exhibitor will not be tolerated, will be reported to authorities, and will lead to immediate removal from SVACA grounds.
11) NO PETS ALLOWED, except Service Dogs, on SVACA grounds.
Camping facilities, gas, food, and beverages are all available in picturesque Fort Ransom.
Exhibitor’s fees are used for advertising, entertainment during the show, services, security, salaries, insurance, rent, improvements/maintenance of buildings, all needed to provide a successful show, and for classes offered during the year. SVACA also sponsors Art in Education in our area and helps support local organizations. For more information call Sheyenne Valley Arts and Crafts Association, 701-973-4461, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or write SVACA, PO BOX 21, FORT RANSOM, ND 58033. Please pass this information on to other interested potential exhibitors.
Vicki Busta, SVACA Coordinator
Eric Pederson, SVACA President