Thank you for your interest in adopting from us!
Strong Hearts Cat Rescue is a volunteer run, no-kill, registered rescue organiation operating in Victoria, Australia.
Our mission is to place all of our animals in loving, permanent homes. You are not purchasing a pet from us; you are adopting a living, breathing, creature that deserves safety, love and care.
Your answers to this application are assurance to us that the cats we care for are going to good, permanent homes. All of the information on this application is confidential.
We do not use a first-come, first-serve process when adopting out cats. Instead, we focus on best fit for each individual cat. The process is intended to ensure a long-term successful adoption for both the family and pet. A couple of things for you to consider before adoption:
- Cats can live for 15-20 years, so please make sure your lifestyle allows the time, patience, and ability to cover expenses your new pet will need over the years
- Responsible pet ownership includes as-needed and routine veterinary care, quality food, preventatives, and other supplies
- You must be at least 18 years old to adopt
- All of the cats and kittens available for adoption are fully vetted, which includes a complete veterinarian checkup, desexing, deworming, flea treatment and vaccines
- At times, these cats may require dental work, or other health related attention, which which we also take care of prior to adoption
Please note that filling in this application does not guarantee that you will be successful in adopting a cat with us.