Thank you for your interest in joining DUG's SPOT Program!
Participating in the Special Projects and Opportunities Team (SPOT) allows you to contribute to DUG's Programs on a deeper level throughout the growing season. You will have the opportunity to contribute your special skills, recieve education and training to enrich your knowledge, volunteer alongside a cohort of other SPOT members, and build relationships across Denver Metro.
Commitment and Expectations for SPOT:
- Consistent volunteering from April to November, ranging from monthly to multiple times a week depending on project and schedule
- Collaboration with community at your project site, with DUG staff, and with the rest of SPOT
- Attending trainings and education opportunities throughout the season. Previous experience is welcome, but not required!
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in:
- Cultivating garden plots grown for education and/or donation
- Supporting Early Childhood Education at garden club alongside DUG's Youth Education Team
- Community outreach to promote underutilized and new gardens
- Construction and Sustainability Projects to support DUG's Baseline Infrastructure Initiative
- Communications and Marketing such as supporting garden photography, our garden directory, and gardener interviews
- Art projects, including photography, painting, signange
Please reach out to Marisa at email@example.com with any questions.