· Applicants must have received a high school diploma in Jones, Putnam or Baldwin Counties OR have received a GED and reside in Jones, Putnam or Baldwin Counties in Georgia.
· The scholarship will be paid directly to the Lineman School.
· Previous winners are not eligible for a second scholarship.
· Funds can be used for any Lineman School program in Georgia.
(Southeast Lineman Training Center, North Georgia Technical College, Georgia Piedmont Technical College, Elite Lineman Training Center)
· One $3,000 scholarship will be awarded.
· Student must use the scholarship within one year of issuance, and it must be completely used within two years of issuance date. The school shall return any unused funds to Tri-County EMC to be used for future scholarship recipients.
· Applications are scored by a panel of judges consisting of Tri-County EMC Employees and Retirees.
· Applicant must complete a 250-500 word, typed, answering the question “Why Do You Want To Be A Lineman?”
· Finalists will be asked to interview with the judges
· For a complete application, students must attach an essay, their high school diploma or GED equivalent, and two letters of recommendation.
For a complete application, students must submit the following:
• A 250-500 word essay answering the question:“Why Do You Want To Be a Lineman?”
• A Copy of High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
• Two letters of recommendation
(can be from teacher, employer, personal acquaintance)