Phenomenal Woman Scholarship Application
DEADLINE: Feb 15th, 2023 at 11:59 PM CST
Congratulations on your college journey! Whether you are currently attending college or going into your freshman year you should be proud of yourself. College is not easy and can be very stressful at times. My number one stressor, while I was in college, was worrying about how I was going to pay for it. With being a ward of the state and being on my own since I was 16 financial assistance was limited. Without scholarships, I would have not been able to pay for my schooling. Scholarships created opportunities for me & I would like to create those same opportunities for phenomenal black women like myself.
The Phenomenal Woman Scholarship is more than a scholarship. It is a sisterhood and a safe place for those to discuss challenges they may have during their college journey. Unfourtanelty everyone does not have a strong support system that can uplift them when they are down, or have someone that calls and ask how their classes are going, or is even interested in their career goals. Having strong consistent emotional support during college is crucial and plays a big role in a college student's success.
The Phenomenal Woman Scholarship is for the black women that are extraordinary and goes above & beyond to reach their goals. It is for the women that live life by the principle of giving up is never an option. It is for women that have fire in their eyes & strive to be the best they can be every day. As a phenomenal woman no matter how hard things got, I kept going. Not only did I keep going but I did it with a smile on my face. One day at a time, you will get to where you want to be. No matter how challenging life becomes, just keep going. Take the time to find your purpose, own your purpose, and then walk within your purpose.
With this scholarship, I want to help dismantle two barriers that many face during their college journey. One being a financial barrier and the other being emotional support. The Phenomenal Woman scholarship will distribute a $500 scholarship for the fall and spring semesters to one scholarship recipient and will host monthly virtual sisterhood talks for women that do not have an emotional support system.
- African American Female
- Enrolled or plan to enroll at an HBCU
- Have a financial need (i.e. balance on your college financial statement)
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Complete online application
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (professor, mentor, supervisor, ect)
- Provide a financial statement from the university showing balance
- Proof of enrollment (acceptance letter, class schedule, etc)
- Submit your HS transcript or current college transcript **can be an unofficial copy
- Attend scholarship applicant virtual meet and greet Feb 1st 7pm CST ** This event is not mandatory to be considered but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to attend. If you do not have the link to the meet and greet please email email@example.com for the link.
- Submit your "Phenomenal Woman This Is Me" video (Questions that should be answered in the video are in the application)
The scholarship recipient will be picked and announced on Feb 24th, 2023 7PM CST on IG live. IG: livinselfmade