Knox County Parks and Recreation sanctioned sports programs are administered with the highest level of sportsmanship and management. The six pillars of CHARACTER COUNTS! are fundamental to all programs, and all participants and spectators are held to those standards.
In the unfortunate instance of a departure from these principles, the following policies will apply:
• Falsifying an Incident Report, Player Registration Form, or Birth Certificate with exaggerated, misleading, or untruthful information.
• Ejection from game by an umpire or referee.
• Verbal confrontation between coaches, parents, spectators, players, scorekeepers, trainers, field directors, security officers, umpires, and/or referees.
• Destruction of property.
Coaches: Minimum suspension for seven days or the next regularly scheduled or tournament game; no contact with players and/or other coaches during practice or games.
Second Offense: Maximum of one-year suspension from all sports.
Third Offense: Maximum of expulsion from coaching all Knox County sports.
Participants and Spectators: A minimum suspension of attending the next regularly scheduled game to a maximum of suspension for remainder of the season.
• Physical contact or the threat of violence between coaches, players, parents, spectators, and/or game officials.
Coaches: Minimum suspension of seven days to a maximum expulsion from coaching all Knox County sports.
Participants and Spectators: Minimum suspension from next game to maximum of one year.
Other Coach and Participant Policies
• No more than three participants from the same team may transfer from one program to another unless approved by Knox County Parks and Recreation.
• Participants or coaches may not offer or accept any item or service of value or cash to transfer to another team or program.
Payment and Gifts
• No coach may accept any pay, service or items of value for coaching Knox County Parks and
Recreation teams. This excludes typical coaching apparel items and year end coach gifts.
Violation of these policies may result in forfeiture of games or suspension from the program or both.