Responding to the call of God to lead a Life Group carries with it not only weekly responsibilities, but also expectations. At Grace Church, we believe our Life Group leaders, should strive to lead with excellence and integrity. While none of us are perfect by any means, we have a responsibility to exhibit mature Christian behavior.
Being a leader begins with being a servant. While serving the church and the body of Christ as a servant-leader, you are committing to maintain the attitude of a servant and the heart of a spiritual leader.
“Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave—just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
Matthew 20:26-28 (NKJV)
A Life Group Leader should:
- Honor God and maintain purity in actions and words.
- Be actively growing in faith through a daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Have a genuine desire to serve others through ministry.
- Be a person of integrity.
- Be a member of Grace Church.
- Honor God with their finances by tithing.
- Support the vision and ministries of Grace Church.
- Be open to the leading and inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
- Be available to group members.
Life Group Leader Honor Code:
- I commit to maintain membership and consistent attendance at Grace Church for the entirety of my leadership role.
- I commit to maintain a daily walk with Jesus Christ through Scripture and worship.
- I have read Grace Church beliefs (www.grace.one) and fully affirm its contents.
- I commit to support and personally uphold the vision and values of Grace Church.
- I affirm that my behavior is a reflection of Grace Church.
- I commit to refrain from unscriptural conduct that would damage the integrity of the church.