1. The Purple Dog reserves the right to immediately change your pet’s type of boarding or daycare if we believe it is necessary to protect the health and well-being of your pet, other pets, or our staff, at owners’ cost.
2. Owner agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested, and provide updated vaccination records from your vet before starting daycare or boarding.
3. Dogs with flea, tick or hygiene problems will be bathed at the owner’s expense. If, during a stay, it becomes necessary to bathe your dog, The Purple Dog will do so, at the owners’ expense.
4. Owner agrees that the pet shall not leave the kennel until all charges are paid in full to The Purple Dog.
5. Owner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of Owner’s pet while it is in the care of The Purple Dog.
6. Owner specifically represents that they are the lawful and valid owner of the pet, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
7. Owner specifically represents that the pet has not been exposed to rabies or distemper within 30 days prior to boarding/daycare/grooming.
8. A pet that is unclaimed at The Purple Dog for ten (10) days beyond its scheduled discharge date is considered abandoned and will become the property of The Purple Dog. Every effort will be made to contact Owner if abandonment becomes an issue. If for any reason the pet is not going to be picked up on the scheduled dismissal date, Owner shall contact The Purple Dog to make arrangements to extend the animal's stay and will pay the additional charges based upon the aforesaid daily rate.
9. If dog becomes ill or if the state of the animal’s health otherwise requires professional attention, The Purple Dog, in its sole discretion, may engage the services of a local veterinarian or provide appropriate medical attention to the animal and any and all expenses thereof shall be paid by the owner.
10. Owners are welcome to bring their own blankets or toys if desired, however we cannot guarantee that they will be returned in the same condition or at all.
11. Owner is aware that by leaving a pet at The Purple Dog, or any other pet facility, they are at a higher risk of contracting canine cough (kennel cough), viruses, or acquiring nicks, cuts and possibly punctures from interacting with other dogs. Canine cough (kennel cough) is similar to the flu in humans and, while all dogs in our care are vaccinated, no vaccination is 100% effective. We maintain a very high level of cleanliness but interaction with other dogs carries with its inherent risks. By signing this form, you agree not to hold The Purple Dog liable or sue for any injuries, illnesses and/or death to my dog(s) while in the care of The Purple Dog.
12. Owner agrees that in the event the boarding charges are not paid when due in accordance with this agreement, The Purple Dog may exercise its lawful rights upon ten (10) days written notice by delivering such notice via first-class mail to Owner’s Address. There may be additional charges that are added.
13. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio. Each party consents to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of Ohio. Owner and The Purple Dog must negotiate and mediate in good faith prior to either party filing a cause of action.
14. Entire Agreement. This agreement, and any addendums attached, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions of this agreement shall be binding on the heirs, agents and assigns of Owner and The Purple Dog.
I have read and understood all terms of this agreement