Please take a screenshot of the pre and post care information below.
In preparation for Procell Microchanneling, you may consider collecting a few items to help your recovery and/or to maximize your treatment.
Procell Livra MD System: Cellular Renewal & Healing Accelerator*
Mild, unscented, alcohol free cleanser
Wide brimmed hat(s)
Broad spectrum SPF 50 +
Brushable SPF 50 + sunscreen for on-the-go SPF refresh
Moisturizers, Oils & Creams
Green color correcting makeup
LED light therapy device
*You may purchase these items with an asterisk in advance inside the studio.*
SKIN Pre-Treatment Instructions
1. I typically go over the lips. If you get cold sores regularly, please consult with to your doctor about taking Acyclovir or Valcyclovir one day prior to your microchanneling to help reduce the likelihood of a breakout due to your treatment.
2. Discontinue Retinol (2% or higher) or Tretinoin at least 3 days prior to treatment to prevent contraindications.
3. For your first treatment, (and treatments with micro-filament size 0.25mm in general) numbing cream is typically not necessary, and you can expect mild redness and swelling, and a tight, warm sensation between 4 to 24 hours.
4. Treatments that follow with longer micro-filament lengths may require topical numbing cream, and can produce redness and swelling along with tiny flecks of redness for between 4 and 72 hours.
5. I am not a doctor. If pain relievers are not contraindicated with your personal health history, taking Acetaminophen to premedicate 2 hours before treatment may help reduce discomfort.
6. If you are being treated with PRP (protein rich plasma) or PRF (platelet rich fibrin) drink an extra 24-32 ounces of water for two to three days prior to treatment to boost your body’s hydration.
7. Prepare your skin before the appointment by arriving with a clean and washed face without makeup and without facial hair (clean shaven). Do not apply any products to your face before the appointment to avoid contraindications.
8. If you've had Botox, Fillers or Threads injected, then you must wait at least two weeks before treatment. And you must be satisfied with the Botox, Fillers, or Threads results before we can offer you any other treatments.
9. If you are planning to receive Botox, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks post-Botox injections before receiving your microneedling procedure.
10. Avoid chlorine 24 hours before and after treatment for best results.
11. No Retin-A or Retinol products 24 hours prior to your treatment.
12. No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours prior to your treatment.
13. No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment.
14. Microchanneling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
15. If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medication that you have the propensity to bleed easily while on these medications, please tell your microchanneling specialist. If you are under a physician’s care and need to discontinue your medication for a few days, always ask your physician for medical clearance prior to each microchanneling appointment.
16. If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your microchanneling practitioner.
17. Must be off oral Isotretinoin for at least 6 months before ProCell Treatment.
18. Do not exercise 24 hours before the treatment, because exercising increases blood flow to the face, which makes it easier for the treatment areas to bruise and swell.
19. Please complete the forms requested which includes the personal medical history form.
20. Send a text message when done with forms for prompt review.
SKIN post treatment care:
1. Preferably, no other products other than the products provided to you should be applied until the following day.
2. Avoid washing your face for the first 6 hours. Use tepid (lightly warm) water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. No cleanser required at this time.
3. Gently pat dry with a clean towel and follow with your aftercare products provided. The aftercare cream heals and also tightens your skin. Hyaluronic acid helps retain moisture Tom trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL). You may apply moisturizer like Cetaphil to reduce dryness when the aftercare cream feels dry to touch.
4. After 24 hours, you can use a gentle cleanser (example, Cetaphil or Cerave) to cleanse the face for the next 72 hours.
5. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area. Have a hand sanitizer or anti-bacterial wipes on hand.
6. Avoid exposure to dust, pet dander and other irritants as best you can. You may experience a mild allergic reaction to pets and other things you typically do not react to within the first 24 hours.
7. Your skin may feel warm and tight, like a mild sunburn. This is an expected outcome during the first few days of this treatment.
8. Apply the aftercare products provided and moisturize with your favorite moisturizer or a product like Cetaphil or Cerave.
9. You may also apply a cool, damp washcloth as desired for comfort.
10. After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A mineral-based, chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
11. Do not apply any makeup with an old makeup brush, especially if it is not clean. New makeup brushes, or freshly cleansed brushes, are best.
12. After the therapy, nothing topical should be applied for at least 90 minutes.
You may use a quality mineral makeup after 90 minutes of treatment. However, it is highly recommended that makeup and sunscreen not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
13. For your first treatment (and treatments at .25mm in general), you can expect mild redness and swelling and a tight, warm sensation between 4 to 24 hours.
14. Later treatments, or those with longer needling lengths may produce redness and swelling along with tiny flecks of redness for between 4 to 72 hours. These are easily covered with a quality mineral makeup.
15. Mild skin sloughing may occur for a few days after the treatment.
16. Mild acne and milia (tiny white bumps) can occur in rare cases. Don’t pick; they should go away in a few days.
17. Trans-Epidermal Water Loss is a common temporary side effect and can leave you feeling dry through the first week. Keep your recommended moisturizer with you during the day and apply as frequently as necessary to avoid a dry sensation.
18. The more you moisturize, the better your results will be. Do not exfoliate at least for 7 days.
19. For at least 3 days post-treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retin-A, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything else perceived as “active” skincare.
20. Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for at least 48 hours. No tanning beds! Ensure you have proper sun protection whenever you are out in the sun.
21. Do not go swimming and avoid hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
22. No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment; sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment..
23. If prolonged irritation occurs, please contact us or your practitioner, directly.
24. Return for your follow-up treatment in about a month or as recommended.
HAIR Pre-Treatment Information
1. Do not apply any hair products to your hair.
2. You must arrive for your treatment with clean and washed hair.
3. Complete requested forms and send text message when done to be promptly reviewed.
HAIR Post-Treatment Information
1. Do not touch your scalp for 90 minutes post-treatment.
2. Do not wear a hat - your head needs continued airflow with oxygen to increase efficacy of treatment.
3. Do not wash hair or apply other products until the following day or 24 hours post procedure. *When you do wash your hair it’s best to let it air dry and avoid rubbing it aggressively with a towel and avoid the use of a blow dryer. This can lead to breakage of any new hair growth.
4. After the treatment, your scalp may feel like a mild sunburn. You may apply a cool compress if desired.
5. Peeling and skin sloughing may occur for several days after treatment.
6. Avoid exposure to pet dander and other irritants as best you can.
7. You may experience a mild allergic reaction to pets and other things you typically do not react to within the first 24 hours.
8. Avoid sun exposure. Apply sunscreen to the scalp with very thin / no hair.
9. Apply hair serum after care oil the next day (after 24 hours from treatment) with 2-3 drops per night onto the clean affected area of the scalp.
10. Return for follow-up treatment/s as instructed.