Thank you for your interest in holding your private event or art exhibit at the StoveFactory Gallery. Our 950-square foot gallery space is located on the first floor (street level) of a 19th century brick building at 523 Medford St. in Charlestown. The wide-open entry hall in a working industrial factory leads guests into our private gallery area with both a singular door and a set of double doors.
With exposed brick walls, a painted cement floor, four windows, and a high ceiling with exposed beams, the StoveFactory Gallery is a great complement and background for all sorts of art exhibits and smaller scale private events. The Gallery can hold up to 30 people at one time, as per regulation.
- A professional 2D art wire-and-hook hanging system on the walls and panels
- Adjustable track lighting on dimmer switches
- Five movable divider panels on rolling casters
- Seven pedestals of different sizes/heights on rolling casters for 3D pieces
- Folding tables and folding chairs available for use (specifics on request)
- Two new HEPA filtration machines for COVID-19 mitigation
- Four windows that may be opened, with screens and removable muslin shades on spring rods
- Restrooms available
- Double doors at main outer entry/exit and double doors into the street level gallery ease in foot traffic flow as well as ease in installation and de-installation of artwork
- Location is a 7-minute walk from Sullivan Square MBTA station
- Parking lot spaces may be available during certain hours; please inquire
- On-street parking (no meters) available for 2 hours on weekdays, all day on weekends
Please complete this form to apply to rent the StoveFactory Gallery. You will hear from the AGC within 5 business days to confirm your application has been received. Please allow 5 business days following for the AGC Board and Gallery Committee to review your application and please allow time for approval and scheduling. The further you can submit your application in advance of your requested dates, the better.
To request an appointment to see the space in person, please email contact@artistsgroupofcharlestown, and a volunteer will assist you. Fees for rentals depend on several factors including scheduling and length of use. We will price out your rental if we have approved your application. We are a non-profit, 501c3 organization and any rental fees we incur help the AGC pay rent and utilities on our Gallery. Rental fees charged are not considered a tax-deductible donation, as ‘goods and services’ qualify as rendered in exchange for the rental fee.