In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in CSA activities, events, and programs, (“activities”), the undersigned agrees that:
1. I acknowledge that there is a risk of injury from the activities, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE CSA or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I have read, understand, and will follow any stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in the activities. I am aware and accept that the activities are coordinated by volunteers who are members of the CSA who may not have leadership training. If I observe any unusual, significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will cease participation and report the hazard to the attention of the activity organizer immediately. I also confirm that if I become aware of any personal physical or medical condition that might put me or other participants at risk by my participation, I WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN THAT ACTIVITY.
4. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 if I attend the premises of the CSA or participate in its activities and that such exposure or infection may result in my personal injury, illness, permanent disability, or death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the CSA may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, CSA directors, employees, volunteers, and program participants.
5. By signing this agreement, I undertake not to participate in any CSA activities in the event that (a) I have had close exposure to a case of Covid-19 (or any variant thereof) as documented by a positive PCR test (or alternative Government of Canada sanctioned test) within the preceding 10 days or such other period as may be specifically approved by Alberta Health Services; (b) I develop symptoms that Alberta Health Services has set forth as at the time of an incident covered by the timeframe of this agreement and in the absence of a negative PCR (or approved equivalent).
6. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and I accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself including, but not limited to, illness, personal injury, disability and death, damage, as well as loss, claim, liability or expense of any kind, that I may experience in connection with my attendance at the CSA premises or participation in CSA activities. I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the CSA, its directors, employees, volunteers, and participants of and from any claims, including all liabilities, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind.
7. I understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing this release, which includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the CSA, its directors, employees, volunteers, and program participants, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any CSA program.
8. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the CSA, their heirs, officials, activity leaders, agents, other participants, sponsors, and their agents, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”) WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.