Terms of Service
Your Doula's Responsibilities
I, Amanda Casey, agree to provide you, the Undersigned, with non-medical physical, emotional, and educational support after the birth of your baby/babies. I will meet with you once prenatally to discuss your postpartum preferences, answer your questions, and provide resources about recovery, baby care, baby feeding, and what to expect postpartum.
After your baby's birth, I will:
- check in with your family frequently for emotional wellness and encourage your family in adjusting to new roles;
- assist you in maximizing sleep for the whole family;
- support your feeding goals;
- refer you to other knowledgeable professionals in the area who may meet your needs outside of my scope of practice, such as IBCLCs, pediatricians, OBs, midwives, chiropractors, massage therapists, yoga instructors, pelvic floor physical therapists, house cleaners, nannies, and more;
I will not:
- assess or diagnose medical conditions in parents or baby or offer medical advice of any kind, however I will refer you to a health care provider when appropriate;
- take over care of older children;
- perform heavy housecleaning such as mopping, cleaning bathrooms, or yard work;
- transport you or any member of your family;
- stay with your children while you are out of the house.
- inform me of any pregnancy or non-pregnancy and postpartum health complications you may have, such as mood disorders, diabetes, epilepsy, motor impairment, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia, etc., so that I may provide the safest support for your needs;
- make and keep appointments with me. See "Scheduling and Payment" below for more information regarding appointment scheduling;
- provide a safe and appropriate place for me to rest while your baby sleeps. Examples include a guest bedroom or clean couch.
Scheduling and Payment
I agree to work with you up to twice per week overnight, between the hours of 9pm and 7am in any hourly increment that is mutually agreeable. Due to safety concerns, I will not drive between the hours of midnight and 5am. We will schedule appointments via phone call, email, text, or in person. You are welcome to schedule as far in advance as you wish.
In the event of scheduling conflicts or illness, we may reschedule or employ the service of a backup doula per your preference. 24 hour non-emergent cancellation notice required. If the undersigned gives less than 24 hours' notice for a non-emergent cancellation, the agreed upon appointment remains billable.
I require a retainer fee due upon signing this agreement; please see page 1 of this form for package prices and retainer fees. You will receive an invoice for the remainder of your service fee that:
- must be paid in full on or before your due date.
- Or if your baby has already arrived, payment must be received in full 1 month after beginning in-home postpartum doula services.
- Or if you choose to book per diem, you will be billed at the end of each week for hours accrued.
If you should need my services longer than we’d planned, I may be able to provide additional work beyond what we agreed upon pending my availability. Should you decide you do not wish to use my services once we have entered into this agreement, no refunds on your retainer fee will be given. Should you purchase a prepaid package and decide you do not wish to use the complete package after payment has been received, no refund will be given. Please contact me within 24 hours after your birth to confirm our starting date and inform me of any special circumstances or needs that may have come up. Flexible payment schedule is available upon request.
A travel fee may be applicable for clients located outside of the Kansas City Metro. If your home is outside or borderline outside the metro, please ask about the travel fee before signing this document.
Illness and COVID-19
Your safety is of utmost importance to me. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, I will be taking the following precautions while contracted with you:
- I will be masked at all times while inside your residence, except while asleep. I prefer you wear a mask when we're together, but I do not currently require that.
- I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You are welcome to ask me about my vaccine status and personal mitigation practices.
- If either you or I or any member of our households has been exposed to COVID-19 or is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, we agree to immediately inform each other and discuss seeking a COVID-19 test, if applicable. This includes symptoms as mild as a sniffle. Should I arrive to your home for our scheduled appointment and find any of your family symptomatic or have been exposed to COVID-19 without my prior knowledge, I will immediately exit your property and the appointment will remain billable.
- I will wash my hands on arrival and frequently throughout the visit.
- I will wear fresh clothing before visiting your family.
- If COVID-19 (or any other illness such as RSV, flu, etc) prohibits me from providing care to you, you may be eligible to receive a refund for unused hours in your service package.
I want you to feel comfortable and safe. If there are any additional safety measures you'd like me to take while in your home, please contact me to discuss your needs.