Thank you for your interest in applying to the Birth & Breastfeeding Leadership Institite. For more information about the application and interview process, please see the Frequently Asked Questions.
Instructions: See the FAQ. Answer the following questions. A maximum of four pages, single-spaced, and 11 point font is allowed. Upload attachments.
Note: We respect the fact that writing may not be the only form of self-expression and as such you may also submit up to 2 optional supplemental materials using your own creativity (ex: podcast, short video, art, portfolio, etc).
1. Why are you interested in this leadership Institute?
2. Personally and professionally, what will you contribute to the leadership Institute?
3. Would you characterize your leadership experience as emerging, evolving orestablished? What evidence do you present that demonstrates this? Refer to the leadership definitions below.
4. What is your “why”? In other words, what wakes you up in the morning and what keeps you up at night?
5. What is your theme song?
6. Describe what you have done in the past five to seven years as it relates to maternal child health equity that would qualify you to be selected.
7. Who are the people who make up your professional and personal networks? How do you engage with these networks?
8. In what ways does your work display your commitment to health equity?
9. Are you able to gain support from your immediate supervisor to commit to this journey? If you prefer not to get support, please explain why.
Instructions: Integrate the following Guiding Principles with the detail of the Leadership Matrix to self-assess your community leadership experience at the intersection of racial equity and maternal-child-health. State if you are an emerging, evolving or established leader.
Scholarship Application Link