Thomson-Leng Youth Music Theatre exists to advance the education of young people in the knowledge, practice and appreciation of all aspects of musical theatre in a safe and supportive environment in which they can develop and have fun.
Our Commitment to You. We will:
1. Provide a safe, secure and supportive environment for you to engage in musical theatre activities.
2. Encourage you in the development of your skills related to acting, dancing and singing.
3. Provide opportunities for you to take part in regular youth productions.
4. Provide fully qualified and experienced leaders and production team members to run the productions and activities.
5. Ensure that production team members arrive on time having prepared for the rehearsal.
6. Actively encourage and provide every member with opportunities to audition.
7. Announce audition panel members prior to every audition process.
What we expect from you. You will need to:
1. Respect yourself and the rights of your fellow members and report inappropriate and unsafe behaviour.
2. Behave in a controlled manner at all rehearsals and performances.
3. Have full attendance at all rehearsals as requested by the production team.
4. Arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of rehearsal to change into appropriate footwear and ready to start promptly.
5. Arrive prepared to work and bring your lyrics/score/libretti.
6. Arrive with the correct clothing and shoes.
7. Be mindful you are a representative of Thomson-Leng when participating in external events and behave accordingly.
8. Take responsibility for your learning by participating in all activities and rehearsals.
9. Make rehearsals successful for everyone by behaving in a way that promotes a co-operative, positive and productive environment.
10. Pay all fees promptly when due.
11. Give sufficient notice and inform the Director of any rehearsals you cannot attend so as not to effect the rehearsal process.
12. Help to keep all rehearsal and performance areas clean and tidy.
13.SELL a minimum of 10 Tickets for each Performance
What we don’t expect from you and will not tolerate is:
1. Any form of discrimination.
2. Any form of physical or verbal threat, inappropriate language, disrespect or abuse towards fellow members, productions teams and backstage assistants.
3. Any actions that break Health and Safety rules as set out by the performance venue.
4. Disruption to the learning of others.
5. Disruption to the rehearsal or performance process.
6. Persistent lateness or non-attendance at rehearsals.
7. The use of mobile phones and other electronic devices in any rehearsal unless during break time.